Your support network
Homeschooling has grown up, as more and more families are choosing homeschooling.
There is no need to go the journey alone.
Find a group to plug into, to create that vital support network. There are lots of options, from simple interest-themed meetups to full-scale tutorials that bring together tutors for advanced subjects, and everything in between. Find the connections you need for your homeschool journey.
- A Novel Idea
A Novel Idea is a non-profit that leads summer camps and after school groups in creative writing lessons. Our mission is to bolster confidence and creativity in young people by empowering them to express themselves and their dreams on the page.
- Anchor Academy
Anchor Academy which is a homeschool tutorial offering full and part time options for parents. Our hope is to offer the full time option Monday through Thursday for families who work but would like a new approach to their child’s education. We will offer core instruction for 4 hours each day and all of our teachers are certified educators. Email Brandi at anchoracademytn [at] @gmail.com.
- Bellevue Home School Enrichment
We are a Christian home schooling partnership committed to helping parents train up the next generation of Christian servant-leaders. We provide a Biblically integrated program encouraging academic, spiritual, social, and physical growth.
- Bellevue Homeschool Association Cooperative (BHSA)
We are a Christ-centered, Bible-based, parent-directed, cooperative offering educational enrichment and social support for students (preschool-12) and parents. The word "cooperative" defines our organization where all participants are equally invested. We seek to serve our community and model that service to our children. We meet on Thursdays, 9am-1pm in West Nashville.
- Boy Scouts of America - Middle Tennessee Council
The Middle Tennessee Council serves local youth from first grade to age 20 in a 37-county area, plus Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
- The Center for Homeschool Enrichment and Tutorial A non-profit organization serving Pre-K - 12th grade homeschoolers. We are moving to Madison Church of Christ for this upcoming school year. The address is 106 Gallatin Pke N. Madison, TN 37115. If you are a homeschool parent or student looking for a way to enhance your educational experience through quality enrichment classes, tutorials, and social interaction with other students and families in a Christian environment, CHET is for you! Classes for our Pre-k- 6th grade students will be on Thursdays! Tuesday and Thursday will be directed for the 7th-12th grade students at the CHET Academy. Teachers are qualified and committed to quality education in a distinctly Christian environment incorporating a Christian Worldview in all the classes.
- Classical Conversations
Classical Conversations offers one day a week seminars Monday-Friday. Choose from over 35 Middle TN communities with a Community Search on the website: https://www.classicalconversations.com/ or contact the Nashville representative, Sara Marks at SMarks@classicalconversations.com
- Cool Springs Montessori
Our homeschool enrichment program provides children from ages 5-12 an opportunity to supplement their at-home learning with Montessori-based lessons two days per week. It is a drop-off program, and allows children to experience a child-based approach to learning, as well as an engaging environment where new friends are made! Art lessons are also included. CSM is conveniently located in the heart of Cool Springs.
- Destination Imagination
Does your child love to imagine, create, build and invent? Destination Imagination (DI) is an international non-profit program for students from Kindergarten through University level that encourages teamwork, leadership, creativity and innovation. Kids form teams of 2 to 7 students and choose from one of seven challenges--Scientific, Technical, Engineering, Fine Arts, Improv, Service Learning, and even a Rising Stars Challenge for students from Kindergarten to 2nd grade. Teams meet at their convenience with an adult team manager, though all of the ideas and creations of the team's solution must be solely kid-driven--no adult interference. DI culminates in Regional, State and Global Tournaments where creative kids get to show off what they've accomplished alongside teams from all over the world. If you're interested in finding out more about Destination Imagination, go to www.destinationimagination.org or contact Affiliate Growth Director Melissa Dick at MelissaDick@comcast.net for a fun and personal presentation to your homeschool tutorial or group.
- Eagle Academy
A Christ-centered, academically challenging, and classically influenced home school tutorial in Mt Juliet, TN - currently offering classes for grades 7th - 10th. Learn more about how EA partners teachers with parents as together they are "Preparing our youth to soar!"
- Excursions in STEAM
Excursions in STEAM offers students the opportunity to take a topical journey to study the Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics that is connected to a particular region in the world. Social Studies will also be interwoven throughout the journey. Over 9 monthly Excursions, students will take a trip around the world as they experience a bit of what each part of the world has to offer. For more information contact TammyJones@TLJConsultingGroup.com
- Foundations Christian Academy
A Christ-centered, interdenominational homeschool tutorial located in the Franklin/Brentwood area for elementary and middle school students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
- HST - Home Schooling Tutorial
The mission of Home School Tutorial (HST) is to provide academically rigorous, college-preparatory instruction for home school students in a comfortable, respectful learning environment. We offer classes from 5th-12th grades. The tutorial meets in Murfreesboro on Mondays.
- H.O.P.E. @ Home!
H.O.P.E. @ Home! (Helping Other Parents Educate at Home) is a homeschool support group for those in the Clarksville area.
- Heart & Hearth
Our support group is located in and around Coffee County. If you are currently homeschooling -- or are thinking about homeschooling -- and live within the nine-county area served by our support group, (Bedford, Cannon, Coffee, Franklin, Grundy, Lincoln, Moore, Rutherford, and Warren Counties) we would love to hear from you.
- Highland Rim Christian Homeschool Co-Op
Highland Rim Christian Homeschool Co-op is an OVERTLY CHRISTIAN parent led organization. We offer classes from Kindergarten to 12th grade, with Nursery and Preschool available for siblings of enrolled students. We currently meet at First Baptist Church in Tullahoma, TN on Wednesdays from 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Above all HrCHC is a family. We bring a unique opportunity to enhance your homeschooling experience with a variety of classes and opportunities. We would love to have you become a part of our homeschool family. If you are interested in joining our co-op please request to join this group by clicking on the "JOIN" tab at the top of our home page. We will contact you for an interview and tour when we open enrollment. Website: http://www. homeschool-life.com/TN/Hrchc Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
This is a one-day classical tutorial-style program for homeschoolers using Memoria Press curriculum. Classes will be available on an a la carte basis. All of the course instruction will be provided in the classroom with parents providing homework and individual assistance throughout the week.
- Home Education Association Rutherford Tennessee (HEART)
HEART is a volunteer organization comprised of families who choose to home educate their children. The families live in Rutherford County and surrounding areas of Tennessee.
- Illuminate Academy
Illuminate Academy, Inc is a Tennessee not-for-profit. We are an educational organization for children with Autism and other special needs. An alternative to a public or private school, we educate learners Monday-Thursday from 8:30-2:30.
- Ironwood Academy A hybrid program for parents who want more control over their child's educational experience. We combine the best of a homeschool tutorial and a flexible traditional school, offering college-preparatory courses for students in grades 1-12 in a Christian environment taught by the most qualified and engaging teachers. Classes will meet Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week beginning mid-August. We also offer Enrichment courses and electives on Mondays.
- Liberty Christian Academy
We are a Christ-centered tutorial for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. We meet on Mondays at The Grace Place, located at 4316 Central Pike in Hermitage. We welcome you to join us on your homeschool journey.
- Mary Lee Bunch Associates
Mary Lee Bunch Associates has been providing quality, Professional Educational Consulting, Tutoring Services, ACT/SAT Standardized Test Preparation, Home School Support, and Alternative Education Options to the Middle Tennessee community for more than 20 years. Contact us at wsherman@MaryLeeBunch.com to let us know how we can help your student!
- Middle TN Homeschoolers (MTHS)
We are an organized homeschool community. We have SOMETHING FOR everyone in your home school family to choose. We strive to support all seasons of your homeschool journey. We aim to serve all of middle Tennessee. You are welcome to join us, find friends and create community. Formally the Williamson County Homeschool Group.
- Murfreesboro Homeschoolers Cooperative & Tutorial (MHS)
At MHS we provide academic courses, tutoring, educational clubs, activities and support for homeschooling families in Middle Tennessee. As an inclusive community we respect all religious and spiritual backgrounds. We strive to foster creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and problem-solving by empowering students to take ownership of their education and commit to lifelong learning.
- Nashville Chess Center
The Nashville Chess Center is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation the primary purpose of which is to educate the public about the game, art, science, sport and discipline of chess, with a particular focus on the education of secondary and elementary age students.
- New Life Academy
New Life Academy meets in Mt. Juliet each Monday from September to May. Tutorial classes are provided for Kindergarten through 12th grade students. New Life Academy partners with Christian parents desiring to enhance or extend home education. Email email@example.com for more information!
- New Song Christian Academy
A two-day supplemental program for home school students, kindergarten through ninth grade (10th in 2019 and 12th in 2020). Located at 316 Southgate Court, Brentwood, TN 37027 - 615-377-8037.
- Priest Lake Academy
Priest Lake Academy (PLA) is an academic cooperative tutorial for grades K-12 meeting each Friday in Smyrna, TN. We have experienced tutors providing one-day-a-week instruction and enrichment with structured lesson planning to be followed at home the remaining days of the week.
- Renew Chrisitan Academy
A college-prep tutorial serving 6th-12th grades in the Franklin, TN area. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-3:30 at Harpeth Christian Church. RCA offers a hybrid-homeschooling experience where students have direct instruction on T/Th, and on M, W, F instructors create at home lesson plans for students to complete that support weekly objectives and parental instruction. At Renew Christian, we have highly qualified educators that adhere to Tennessee State Standards taught through a biblical worldview to encourage students in their faith and academic journey. Contact: Director, Shannon Carpino, M.Ed. at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- RTA of MTHEA
Rutherford Tutorial Academy is a college prep academic tutorial located in Murfreesboro, TN for grades 7-12.
- RIVER OAKS STUDY CENTER
"Like trees planted by streams of water..." (Psalm 1:3) River Oaks Study Center supports the calling to teach our children diligently through academic tutoring, tutorials, mentoring, and parent support coaching. We believe that quality academics should be within reach for every family. As a second-generation homeschooling and ministry family, we know firsthand that homeschooling families work hard and make many sacrifices in order to provide Christian education to their children. We honor that with competitive, straight-forward rates, with no extra fees, and by seeing River Oaks as a ministry more than a business. Our mission is to partner with families by providing superior, affordable Christian academics local to Williamson, Rutherford, and Davidson counties, and online across the world. For more information email email@example.com or call (615) 624-2807.
SHARE (Spring Hill Area Resource Education) is a Christ centered homeschool tutorial that currently meets in Columbia, TN for students in grades K-6. We are blessed to partner with home educating families to offer a variety of academic and enrichment classes to complement their studies at home.
- Shepherd's Heart Enrichment Tutorial
- Located in Murfreesboro, TN. We offer enrichment classes, on Mondays, for Pre-K thru 8th grades. Our 2nd thru 8th grades rotate classes throughout the day and are able to fellowship while learning in a loving environment. Some of our courses are speech, foreign language, geography, science, business, etc...
SHINE is a 7-12 grade Christ-centered, tutorial with the goal of offering academic, social, and service opportunities to families living near Spring Hill and Columbia, Tennessee.
- Simply Homeshool Tutorial
We partner with homeschoolers in cultivating a love for learning and a love for God in their children by providing an excellent Bible-based curriculum through a one-day tutorial program in a safe and fun environment. We cater to K-6th Grade offering Bible, Science, Social Studies and Art with optional after-hours enrichment classes. We meet at 15512 Old Hickory Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37211.
- SmartBots MakerSpace A homeschool STEAM program promoting critical thinking skills and mastery of the engineering design process. Our mission is to inspire forward-thinking and develop creativity into skills Makers can use for life. In our secure, remote classes, we give children the opportunity to explore new topics through problem-based learning projects in a hands-on, interactive, and multi-sensory environment. The next great innovators are amongst us so we work to ensure Bright Ideas are Sparked Here! Contact Moriah at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more info. https://www.smartbotsmakershop.com.
- The Classical Academy
The Classical Academy is excited to be offering two different three day a week, all-inclusive Humanities block this fall. We will meet at the school on Del Rio Pike in Franklin 3 mornings a week. Reverend Joe Thacker will be leading one group of students through the full Omnibus curriculum and it will count towards 4 credits: Literature, Composition, History, and Theology. One of the Omnibus classes is designed to meet the needs of students who are in the Logic stage of their academic development which includes Seventh, Eight, and Ninth Grades. The other is designed to meet the needs of the students who are in the Rhetoric stage of their academic development and are in Tenth, Eleventh, or Twelfth grades. Students must be proficient readers as the class will work through several major works from The Classical and Biblical Civilizations and The Ancient World. Please give us a call if you are interested in an in-depth and discussion-filled study of this rich literary period. 615-790-8556
- The Discipleship Tutorial
The mission of the Discipleship Tutorial is to provide academic, college-preparatory instruction in an environment that is intentionally Christ-centered and discipleship-focused. The tutorial meets in Murfreesboro on Tuesdays.
- The Francis Schaeffer Study Center
Offers tutorial classes with a focus on equipping homeschooled high school students with basic biblical knowledge, an understanding of the Christian world-view and an integrated study of the literature, history, and art of western civilization. Core courses include History, Literature, Art History and Bible. Also offers courses in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Painting, Drawing, Drama and Chorus. Located in Mt. Juliet, TN.
- Tulip Grove Christian Academy Tulip Grove Christian Academy (TGCA) is a K-12 tutorial that meets at Tulip Grove Baptist Church in Hermitage TN. We offer a wide variety of classes as well as field trips, social outings, and many other activities for our members. We meet on Mondays, August-May. Visit our website for more information and to schedule a tour. www.tgcahomeschool.org
- Veritas Classical Schools- Nashville Veritas Nashville is a one day a week drop-off home school tutorial for Christian families, meeting on Thursdays in Nolensville. We have classes for kindergarten through 12th grade. Our curriculum is classical with a Charlotte Mason influence in the lower grades. Students attend from 9-2 once a week studying Bible, history, composition, literature, art appreciation, geography, grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and logic.All subjects are taught with a Christian world view. Veritas provides the support and encouragement that many parents look for, as well as structure and accountability for the students. Please visit our website or contact the director for more information. www.veritasnashville.com OR Denise Burgess email@example.com
- Village co-op A group of homeschooling families who meet in Murfreesboro, TN. We strive to provide learning opportunities and support, but most importantly, we offer community; a place to connect and build relationships with other homeschooling families. We meet once a week on Wednesdays for K-12 grade classes. Village also offers clubs, field trips, social events, and parent activities. We are excited to see if we are your village! firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB Tutorial Nashville
WEB is a homeschool tutorial based in East Nashville, a community with a growing and active homeschool community. It is dedicated to being a safe place for students to grow and learn. Our mission is to prepare homeschooled middle school students for high school. We serve students in grades 5-9 and meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All classes are offered on an a la carte basis.
- West Harpeth Christian Tutorial
WHCT is located at Hillview Baptist Church, 1642 Lewisburg Pike, south of Franklin, near the 840 interchange.
- Whole Heart Family Ministries
We are a Christ-centered homeschooling group with a heart for ministering to homeschool moms and families. We provide enrichment classes for grades K-6 and a tutorial program for grades 7-12. WHFM offers family field trips, moms events, student social events, service projects, Jr & Sr Banquet, graduation and much more. WHFM meets in the Oak Hill area of South Nashville.
- White House Home Educators (WHHE)
WHHE is a Christian home school support group. We have many differences, but there are two tings in which binds us all together- our faith in salvation through Jesus Christ and our choice to home school our precious children. In the past, WHHE has offered a variety of activities, classes and events, planned throughout the year. These have included enrichment classes, monthly fun events, field trips, graduation/promotion ceremony, mom's night out, parties and service projects. We have children from infants to 18 yrs old. We have an active teen group.
tennessee homeschool SUPPORT groups
- Chattanooga Southeast Tennessee Home Education Association (CSTHEA)
CSTHEA is a local chapter of the Tennessee Home Education Association (THEA).
- Memphis-area Home Education Association (MHEA)
Memphis-area Home Education Association
- Mid-East Tennessee Home Education Association (METHEA)
Serving home-schooling families in McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, and Polk Counties.
- North East Tennessee Home Education Association (NETHEA)
NETHEA is the Northeast Tennessee regional branch of THEA serving Washington, Greene, Sullivan, Johnson, Hawkins, Hancock, Unicoi, and Carter Counties.
- Smoky Mountain Home Education Association (SMHEA)
SMHEA serves the families of eighteen counties surrounding Knox County and is one of seven Tennessee regional organizations affiliated with the Tennessee Home Education Association across Tennessee.
- West Tennessee Home Education Association (WTHEA)
Serving: Benton, Carrol, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, and Weakley counties.