Registration is now open for the 2020 MTHEA Teen Banquet to be held at
Woodmont Baptist Church
Woodmont Baptist Church
Friday, May 1st from 6:00-10:30 PM
The MTHEA Teen Banquet is a semi-formal event that honors our graduating seniors while bringing together all Middle Tennessee homeschool students (grades 9–12) for an evening of celebration. Doors will open at 6:00 pm at Woodmont Hills Church (located at 3710 Franklin Pike, Nashville). An elegant catered dinner will be followed by a brilliant evening of entertainment provided by the students. Throughout the evening, recognition will be given to our graduating seniors. Our master of ceremonies will share a brief biography of each senior as they are invited on to the stage to receive a gift. We will recognize the entire graduating class with all seniors returning to the stage for a prayer and a group photo opportunity. After the ceremony, students will continue the celebration with dancing, refreshments, and photo opportunities on the red carpet! Festivities conclude at 10:30 PM.
MAKE SURE YOU "LIKE" OUR TEEN BANQUET PAGE ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION!!
1. Do I have to have eight people to form a table? No. Sometimes we set up a table with a few less students or a couple more students. Eight is the ideal number because they fit comfortably around the table. We have squeezed ten students in but it is a tight fit around the table.
2. Do senior parents sit with their student? Most seniors prefer to sit at a table with their friends while parents form tables together. If a student wants to sit at a table with their parents, they are certainly welcome to do so!
3. Do younger siblings of seniors sit with high school students? No. We ask that younger siblings sit at a table with parents since this is an event for older students to enjoy as older students.
4. Do I have to submit payment with my online registration? Yes. Please pay at the time of registration.
5. I have food allergies. Can special accommodations be made for me? Yes. Contact Rachel Hoffman at email@example.com.
6. What is the dance/after-party like? We have a DJ playing fun songs you’ll enjoy dancing to. We ask students for favorites prior to the event (check out facebook/Instagram) and compile a playlist including favorites – as long as they are songs people can actually dance to and songs that are not offensive. There are refreshments and small tables for students who prefer not to dance, as well as a photo backdrop where students can snap photos of themselves or have photos taken by a professional photographer. There’s really something for everyone – even if dancing isn’t your favorite activity.
Teen Banquet 2019 was a complete success!! Check out these pictures from that special night!