2019 MTHEA TEEN BANQUET
Friday, April 26, 2019 6 PM
Woodmont Hills Church 3710 Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN
A time-honored tradition travels to the heart of the beautiful Iberian Peninsula to celebrate the achievements of our graduating seniors in timeless style and elegance at the 27th annual MTHEA Teen Banquet. Don’t miss out on one of the biggest, brightest, and best nights of the year- full of fun, food, and festivities!
The MTHEA Teen Banquet is a semi-formal event that honors our graduating seniors while bringing together all Middle Tennessee homeschool students (grades 9–12) for an evening of celebration. Doors will open at 6:00 pm at Woodmont Hills Church (located at 3710 Franklin Pike, Nashville. An elegant catered dinner will be followed by a brilliant evening of entertainment provided by the students. Throughout the evening, recognition will be given to our graduating seniors. Our master of ceremonies will share a brief biography of each senior as they are invited on to the stage to receive a gift. We will recognize the entire graduating class with all seniors returning to the stage for a prayer and a group photo opportunity. After the ceremony, students will continue the celebration with dancing, refreshments, and photo opportunities at a Spanish inspired fiesta!
RESERVE YOUR TABLE
Banquet seating consists of tables of eight individuals. MTHEA Teen Banquet is a semi-formal event for students in 9th-12th grade. Families of seniors are also welcome and encouraged to purchase tickets to enjoy the dinner, entertainment, and ceremony honoring seniors. Because this is a semi-formal event for our high school students, we ask that young children not attend.
To reserve seating:
1. Determine who will be sitting at your table.
2. Designate a table contact. Your table contact will collect payment and contact information from everyone sitting at your table.
3. The table contact will then register your table and pay your table's registration fees online OR they will print out a registration form and mail it and payment to MTHEA Teen Banquet, PO Box 955, Spring Hill, TN 37174
Tickets for this special event are $40 per person. This covers
the dinner, venue costs, senior gifts, and decorations.
Reservation deadline: April 12, 2019.
REGISTER YOUR TABLE & SUBMIT PAYMENT ONLINE
DOWNLOAD OUR PRINTABLE REGISTRATION FORM TO MAIL TO US WITH PAYMENT
PERFORM FOR OUR GUESTS
We are looking for students who are interested in helping provide
entertainment for the Teen Banquet. There will be opportunities for
students to perform during dinner and as part of the after-dinner show. If you play an instrument or sing but don’t have an accompanist, we can
help you find one. Whether you have an instrumental or vocal performance, solo or ensemble, we would love to hear from you. We will have two or three rehearsals to help pull acts together. Bands should plan early to get all members together for an audition.
Anyone looking for more information on performing at the banquet should contact Alice Griffith at email@example.com. Send a video link or music file no later than Friday, April 5th to be considered. All songs must be approved by the banquet committee. (Tips: Songs should not be offensive and your audition video should be well rehearsed.)
JOIN OUR TEAM OF BANQUET VOLUNTEERS
We are looking for parents/adult volunteers who would like to assist with set-up, decorating and tear-down on Friday, April 26th. If interested, contact MTHEA Banquet Coordinator, Rachel Hoffman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAKE SURE YOU "LIKE" OUR TEEN BANQUET PAGE ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION!!
1. Do I have to have eight people to form a table? No. Sometimes we set up a table with a few less students or a couple more students. Eight is the ideal number because they fit comfortably around the table. We have squeezed ten students in but it is a tight fit around the table.
2. Do senior parents sit with their student? Most seniors prefer to sit at a table with their friends while parents form tables together. If a student wants to sit at a table with their parents, they are certainly welcome to do so!
3. Do younger siblings of seniors sit with high school students? No. We ask that younger siblings sit at a table with parents since this is an event for older students to enjoy as older students.
4. Do I have to submit payment with my online registration? Yes. Please pay at the time of registration.
5. I have food allergies. Can special accommodations be made for me? Yes. Contact Rachel Hoffman at email@example.com.
6. What is the dance/after-party like? We have a DJ playing fun songs you’ll enjoy dancing to. We ask students for favorites prior to the event (check out facebook/Instagram) and compile a playlist including favorites – as long as they are songs people can actually dance to and songs that are not offensive. There are refreshments and small tables for students who prefer not to dance, as well as a photo backdrop where students can snap photos of themselves or have photos taken by a professional photographer. Students will have the opportunity to purchase professional photos of the evening for a small download fee. There’s really something for everyone – even if dancing isn’t your favorite activity.
Teen Banquet 2018 was a complete success!! Check out these pictures from that special night!