2017-2018 Membership (July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018)
BENEFITS of joining MTHEA
- Membership in Tennessee Home Education Association (THEA) is included with your membership in MTHEA. Approximately 30% of our dues goes to support our state organization, which is responsible for monitoring legislation at the state level. THEA also has a strong working relationship with HSLDA to keep us informed about legislation at the federal level. This work of THEA is very important in protecting our freedoms.
- Jonathan’s Arrow is our bi-monthly magazine filled with curricula reviews, inspirational and motivational articles for parents, and legislative updates.
- Free admission to our annual MTHEA Curriculum fair if pre-registered by April 20th.
- Opportunities for special conferences and speakers - timely information on other educational and motivational programs throughout the year.
- Homeschool consultations - helpful advice and direction for new or established homeschool families; just e-mail using our online contact form or call (615) 545-9283.
- Blessing others! - your membership helps us provide support to many in outlying areas.
- Networking - learning about other support groups and activities in which you may participate.
- Faster notification by E-mail ALERTS for time-sensitive legislative votes and other information plus current homeschool information.
- Access to the "Members-Only" section of our website.
- 15% discount on Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) membership.
- MTHEA events and opportunities such as the Teen Banquet, Graduation, MTHEA Curriculum Fair, and more.
- MTHEA Membership card to use for "teacher" discounts at bookstores and businesses.
- 10% discount on print-ads in our bi-monthly newsletter, Jonathan's Arrow.
MTHEA is staffed by volunteer board members, who receive no compensation for their work.
Cost: $ 35.00 per year (less than $3 a month).
NOTE: Please make sure that you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list on your e-mail account so that Jonathan's Arrow does not get filtered out into your promotions/spam filter.